You should gather the information you need to order expansion cards, additional memory, and more by using any of the steps below.
Most of us are only interested in these basic parameters to be able to use them. You can see basic specs of a motherboard and other components here: Basic PC components specs.
1. Use the interpreter CMD
The simplest way to interact with the computer is to use apps or tools built into Windows.
That means you don't need to download and run any apps and tools from the Internet.
- Click on the Windows icon and press R. Then on Run
- Type "cmd". Then press OK to open Command Prompt
- Type "wmic baseboard get the product, Manufacturer, version, serial number" and press Enter.
2. Using system information (msinfo32)
This method will show you how to identify the central computer using the System Information tool built into Windows.
System Information is available from almost all Windows operating systems. About Motherboard Information, you can find many details about your hardware components and operating system.
- Hold the Windows icon and press R. Then go to "Run".
- Type "msinfo32". Then you press OK to open System Information.
- Select System Summary
- Look at the screen on the right, choose the "Item" tab, go to System Model.
3. Use third-party software to test
We use 3rd software to test, specifically here is CPU-Z. CPU-Z is considered a free piece of software that collects information about your computer.
For testing purposes, we are using a 0DNVY2 motherboard made by Dell.
- Open Internet browser
- Download CPU-Z from the homepage
- Install and run CPU-Z
- Select the Motherboard tab.
4. Open the computer or laptop.
Probably using software or some tools to learn about Motherboard Models is the most common way. But what if your machine doesn't work and you can't run any tools and applications. Then, you need to open the computer case and check the motherboard specs.
In most cases, vendors like Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock, Dell will stamp the model name on the Motherboard. Also, if you want to open your laptop or desktop for testing, we recommend that you get enough knowledge before doing so because they can damage your computer.