You might have used your laptop for a very long time so far and now you want to upgrade it with the latest laptop model recently launched on the market? But you do not know the differences between the new laptop and your old one because you have little knowledge of the laptop’s hardware.
Do not worry since we are here to help you find easy ways to check and understand more about your laptop. What model number & specs it has inside? All information you need is included in this article. Let keep reading.
1. Check your laptop’s model number.
Fortunately, the model number is often easily seen on your laptop. Just do some simple tasks and you can know more about your laptop.
Flipping your laptop upside-down, you will see a sticker with a printed small text and a logo on the bottom of your computer. On the sticker, you can see general information about its brand and model number listed there.
However, you sometimes cannot find the information on the bottom of your laptop. In this case, let try to remove the bottom panel to check the laptop’s model number in Control Panel.
Type “Control Panel” into the search bar; then choose the Control Panel app that appears in the search results.
Select “System and Security.”
Choose the “System” link. The information about your computer will immediately appear on the screen.
Some manufacturers offer you a downloadable tool to check the hardware inside your laptop. Accessing the producer’s website to get more information about your device on the Support tab. If you use a Mac, just click on the Apple icon on the screen and choose “About this Mac” to check the model number.
2. Check your laptop’s specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, and Motherboard)
CPU (Center Processing Unit) & RAM
- Click on the Windows button in the left corner.
- When a list of options appears, choose “System.”
- Once you find a section titled “Device Specifications.” Your CPU is next to the “processor” in this section.
- Also, on the “Device Specifications” page, you will find out how much RAM the laptop obtains.
Check the motherboard built-in your laptop is very easy by taking some simple actions as below:
- Type “System information” into the search bar and wait for this app to appear on the screen and then click on it.
- You will see a lot of information there. Have a look towards the bottom; you may notice the text “BaseBoard Manufacturer” which will provide you with details about your motherboard’s brand and model number through “BaseBoard Model,” or “BaseBoard Product.” The process is done.
If you use your laptop for gaming, it is very necessary to know about your CPU, motherboard, and GPU. They play an important role in your gaming performance. Let check GPU to see if it is suitable for your heavy tasks and sophisticated games.
Choose the Window’s icon in the bottom left corner to find out the menu with many different options.
Select “Device Manager.”
Near the top is “Display Adaptors.” Just click on it.
Under this menu, the GPU is listed.
After doing all the steps above, you have all information regarding your laptop’s hardware, making it easy for you to compare or select the best laptop for your use.